*Subtitles for the benefit of those would like to translate the dialogue.
It’s a week before Christmas and Zola is hard at work as usual…
– Zola: “After several weeks of training and evaluations by the trainers the two of you are our top finalists for the pageant.
– Anaya: “Oh that’s wonderful!”
– Anaya: “If both Yinka and I are finalists what do we do next?”
– Zola: “Well you both will have one week of final tests and a panel of my judges will decide which one of you will enter the pageant.”
– Yinka thinking: Battle it out to the end till the best model wins. Sadly it will ruin our friendship, but I want this more than her.
– Jolie: “Excuse me Ms. Welton. First sorry to be late. I’d like to add one more test.”
– Jolie: “As the contestant’s chaperone, I feel it necessary to add a social graces test.”
– Jolie: “If one of these girls win the pageant they will not only be Miss Circlez, but also a representative of our agency.” Ashley: “So true.” Jolie: “Our last Miss Circlez, Xita, exhibited little to no manners. I will not tolerate that again.
– Yinka: “Ms. Welton, I for one will not need to do this extra test.”
– Yinka: “I have impeccable manners after all I went to finishing school.”
– Anaya: “Personally, I don’t mind the extra test. Maybe you can swap it out with the bikini one. It’s appalling the pageant still has it.”
-Yinka: “Anaya there is no way the swimsuit segment will be dropped as the Miss Universe pageant still has it. Remember that is the next step after Miss Circlez.”
-Yinka: “That is also one of my strongest areas. One piece, two piece bring it on! You on the other hand could do with some toning in select areas.”
-Anaya: “I need toning? Yinka, how about you grow a butt, or implant some hair in that big forehead of yours!”
– Zola: “Ok ok ladies, no need to get spiteful. You must always remain respectful of each other.”
– Zola: “That little display alone tells me Ms. Benoit was right, social graces is lacking all round.”
– Zola: “Actually Ms. Benoit push back the testing for two weeks. These two need more training time.”
– Jolie: “Consider it done. More time to whip them into shape all round.”
Being the ever busy Energizer Bunny, Zola’s day continues with a book club meeting at her apartment. This evening the book being reviewed is Silence of the Lambs with light refreshments and a Chianti.
– Bianca: “Zola, you can’t say Buffalo Bill was worse than Hannibal. Come on being a cannibal is ok?” Zola: “Bianca, look at what he did to those girls. Awful!”
– Zola: “I still can’t believe you got me to read this book. I refused to read it at night.”
– Bianca: “Sorry I took you out of your comfort zone. Ashante and I though you could handle it since we covered the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and other books in the series.”
– Persephone: “By the way where is Ashante? She promised to bring a vegetable plate.”
– Bianca: “Persephone, last I heard from Ashante was this afternoon. She was busy shopping for gifts.”
– Zola: “Ashante is always late, you must be used to it by now. If it’s not work it’s the husband.”
– Persephone: “Are we still having dinner this week?”
– Zola: “Yes, as far as I know. Our usual gift exchange dinner before we get swept up with all the holiday festivities with family.” Phone beeps.
– Zola: “Excuse me, that’s my alarm.”
– Zola: “My sister Thalia is coming in at 9:45 on Caribbean Airlines, we still have a couple hours.”
– Bianca: “How nice, Thalia home for the holidays. Where is she staying?”
– Zola: “She will stay with me as usual. Staying with Dominique is out of the question.”
– Persephone: “They still fight like when we were kids?”
– Zola: “Girl like Tom and Jerry. He he he…”
While on a plane headed to Circlez…
– Thalia thinking: Always feels good to be going home for the holidays. I can smell the ham and fruit cake already.
– Meg: “I just love a flight with a meal don’t you?” Thalia: “Yeah it’s cool, especially as we’re in coach.”
– Meg: “by the way I’m Meg.” Thalia: “Nice to meet you Meg, I’m Thalia.”
Later at Zola’s apartment…
– Thalia: “So did you bake yet? I’m feeling a little peckish.” Zola: “No I haven’t yet. Didn’t you eat on the plane?”
– Thalia: “I had something, but that was a couple hours ago.” Zola: “I hope you don’t intend to eat me out of house and home this trip.”
– Thalia: “I’ll pitch in with the groceries this time. My new line is doing very well.” Zola: ” Oh really? That’s great. Oh by the way Kieron arrives on Thursday.”
– Thalia: “Typical Kieron to arrive on Christmas Eve. Where are we doing Christmas this year? Here or by Dominique?”
– Zola: “Here. Breakfast and dinner.”