What a wonderful experience I had at the 2014 IT convention. So much so that when I got back, I played for hours and hours with my new loot and totally forgot to post here on my blog some pictures of redresses etc. So I think it is about time to share with you.
Firstly my carry on case was used only to transport my dolls and camera. No way could I trust the airlines to have these investments tossed back and forth, and I didn’t wanted to run the risk of having them get lost in the bowels of the airline baggage system.
This gave me the opportunity to inspect my first official female FR watch which came with Le Smoking Adele (Intrigue Elise came with an identical one). It’s so delicate and beautiful.
The day after the trek back to the Caribbean, regardless of the jet lag I took some time after work to play with the new arrivals and switch out their clothes:
Some more pictures just because…
Things I loved:
- The obvious…NEW LOOT!!!!! (DOLLS, SHOES, JEWELRY and CLOTHES) Especially the brand new styles of jewelry and ring designs for the dolls.
- Watches!! Male one I constructed in the workshop. Female ones which came with two dolls.
- Seeing so many doll collectors in one place, sharing the love.
- Meeting my table host again for the third year and meeting new friends David and Christopher!!!
- Table gifts!! Need I say more? Gotta remember to take pictures of those as soon as I receive them next time round. They are being used everywhere in my little world so it’s a bit difficult to gather them all together.
- Hotel was lovely. A/C unit in room was a bit noisy but husband and I were out shopping most of the time and when we were in the room we were so tired from the day’s events we knocked out like a light.
- That I missed out on getting the male dolls I wanted at the Color Infusion lab at my prescribed time. If you want first dibs on everything, register the minute the notice goes out, so you receive a number in the line that gets you in an early slot. My line number got me in the second to last slot for the first day of sales. At that time only two males were available and one male fashion. Bummer! Plenty females were there but just a few fashions.
- More cash is required to purchase items at the Friday night Bazaar than I originally thought. Wow that had a great turnout!! It was the place to get this and that fashion pieces you missed out on years past or even dolls. Also if you didn’t want to do room sales (I’m never doing that again, it eats into my shopping time being stuck in the room), just haul the stuff you want to sell this night and everyone gets a look.
- Some of my favorite dolls (Declan, Le Smoking, Adorned Vanessa and Dominique) were side glancing rather than looking forward. It’s just my personal pet peeve about doll collecting. Will there be a day we get an option of getting a doll in either a forward glance or side glance? My ultimate plan when the city street is complete is to revive the photo stories I used to post on www.lifecirclez.net (old stories still there). In those story lines dolls facing forward are much easier to pose than the alternate.
- No doll bags. Tired of clutches and not every doll got one.
- (Regret and Love point in one) Couple dolls had loose necks and loose eye lashes. When I received Tantalizing Dominque she was unbearable. Good thing I am an immediate deboxer, LOL! IT is great for issues like this, so I went downstairs spoke to Alain (he is fabulous to deal with!!) and he swapped her out for a brand new one. My Cold Shoulder Eugenia also had a loose eyelash so I brought her down and he gave me a brand new head!! Isn’t that the best!!! Now I have a spare head to reroot or sell. :):):) I do regret however not seeing Grandiose Natalia’s loose head earlier, cause I would have swapped her too.
- Only received one set of metal pieces for the watch created in workshop. We got a couple other faces and ‘leather’ watch bands and no extra metal pieces to put them together. What to do with them?
- I need to put in a day or two after the convention into the trip. The mad rush back is horrendous!
Will I go to the IT convention this year in California? Not quite sure as I have quite a lot of personal commitments this year. If I don’t make it I may consider having a proxy as I can’t bear to miss out on the cool dolls.
Thanks for your patience with this update. Others will soon follow….
Thanks for visiting!